Friday 30 December 2011

V Ave Shoe Repair - Sorry I'm late...

People who know me personally are probably aware of my former, and sometimes still evident, love of the little known Swedish brand H&M. Not just anything from there, mind - I only had eyes for the aptly named Trend label - with its use of slightly better materials and cuts, clean shapes and muted palette. With some clever styling, I was ready for the scrutiny of others, who were often amazed when I told them truthfully where most of my ensemble came from. Back in the day when I was predominantly a high street shopper, H&M Trend gave me something that the likes of Topshop or Urban Outfitters couldn't - an early and rudimentary appreciation of minimalism and design amongst the sea of cute florals and lace tops.

So the natural progression from those humble beginnings was H&M's classier sister brand, Cos. Using better materials and cuts still, I find this to be a good (but derivative, yes) alternative to pricier Scandanavian fashion houses.

Now that the brief history of my personal taste is over and done with, let's talk about V Ave Shoe Repair. Founded in 2004, this label has that extra edge that I always look for in whatever style of design is being practised. It still has the features which define Scandanavian design but tones down the functionalism - minimalism with an edge. In this case, I just adore the modern and unique twist to simple pieces that can be the staple of your wardrobe, or become a statement piece in its own right.

The stunning drapery (my favourite feature) and smart use of fabcrics will keep me coming back for more. Isn't it convenient I discovered the label during the sale...?
These trousers are on their way!


V AVE SHOE REPAIR SS12 FASHION SHOW from V AVE SHOE REPAIR on Vimeo.

3 comments:

  1. Such a shame about the skirt! I have a few Fifth Ave pieces I got in the sales in Stockholm last summer - I definitely recommend their small leather goods, really quirky designs but still functional...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Their iPad holders make me want to get an iPad...

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete