Monday 31 October 2011

What I wore last night...

After taking a year out from dressing up last year meant that I was absolutely gagging to get my swag on and have some dress up fun! October swept by so fast that Halloween literally crept up on me and I pretty much only realised it was time to find a costume this week! After spending most of Sunday scrambling around town and dying some lilac feathers black (with black ink, no less), here is what I came up with!
Bare-faced..
Eyes almost done...
I had no red contact lenses due to the aforementioned last minute-ness of the costume, so I proceeded to rim my waterline red to give my eyes that all-important evilness..
Sadly I could not find a large silver tiara for true authenticity.. Although I think my Swarovski swan necklace helped!
 As for the dress itself, I could have bought the original Rodarte number, but a quick tutu purchase from Armstrongs and feathers down a corset and I was ready! The ink eventually transferred mostly to my hands but they did give the feathers an interesting colour and texture...

So that was this year's effort - still looking forward to catching up with what everyone else decided to do. Remember, there's nothing worse than a half-arsed costume. Happy Halloween!

Just a quick note to say that Michelle Phan's Youtube channel is teeming with ideas not just for Halloween but everyday looks too - I learned a lot of basics from her back in the day...





1 comment: